Language Arts, American History
Angie, et al,
How does everyone feel about the fact that the subject area benchmarks' styles are all so different? It was bothering me a lot, but I think I'm becoming sincerely reconciled.
PLEASE, SOMEBODY, put in what the assessment tools are going to be for math and reading in my addenda to the graduation benchmark additions I made that Angie so kindly posted. I left blanks.
Bruce and I met and discussed Language Arts and Social Studies Benchmarks and agree that we think the McREL standards are more than adequate. They are layered--you click through under the standards and the topics. Do you want me to put them into a Word document?
As noted earlier, I think Bob's intro is excellent and should be included.
Here is one other set of benchmarks from McRel that I like a lot, but I added on to the 2. of the Standards Part. I think it's a little clunky, so if anybody has a suggestion . . .
Historical UnderstandingStandards 1. Understands and knows how to analyze chronological relationships and patterns
2. Understands the historical perspective while recognizing that there are assumptions about time and history that are culturally based
Topics
1. Calendar time
2. Causes and effects in history
3. Chronological thinking
4. Conducting historical research
5. Evaluating historical sources
6. Historical analysis and interpretations
7. Historical change and continuity
8. Historical periods
9. Historical sources
10. Historical time lines
11. Historical viewpoints and perspectives
12. History of the local community
13. Influence of ideas on society
14. Role of individuals in history

2 Comments:
Yes, Please put them in a word doc or email the text to me.
Regarding the different styles...
I'm all for uniformity, but right now I just want to get them out there. We can review them as a whole later and make changes for next year.
Post a Comment
<< Home